486. Their power? In their minds, sure thing


One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “I’ve been lately thinking that school should be, has to be, more than instruction, you know. I mean, not only instruction in history, biology, speaking in English, math, and so on. Consider what I’ve copied for you. Here you go. Look. ‘A recent historian has termed Harvard in that period [the fifties] an Eden, a truly collegial place where the life of the mind was valued and everything needful was at hand. An enriching contribution to our teaching, I think. You can keep the piece of paper.” The quotation is from John T. Bethell, Harvard Observed: An Illustrated History of the University in the Twentieth Century, Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1998, p. 210. – [Excuse me, L, I’m so sorry, my apology! I keep at your disposal]. / Photo: The Matrix emezeta com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

581. Calm down

157. Speeches, debates, promises, promises, promises

3714. How to Teach Adults, and Teens, and Enjoying the Lessons

1930. The necessity of engagement

1490. Positive motivation