778. Learning a language and having fun



One day teacher of English B said to teacher of English A, “Hi again. What do I do to refresh my English? One thing is I try to read an authentic text in English every day, from a novel – a text taken at random, also from other teachers’ posts in the Internet, etc. I focus on new expressions, idioms or ways to say things in English. Second thing: I read that text rather massively, but for a few minutes, focusing on the story, enjoying the story. I can easily see my English keeps alive. Oh, and I use those expressions and idioms when typing on the computer or when speaking with someone. It serves the purpose.” / Photo from: coughlin edublogs org. girls reading books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

3659. Learning a Language by (Just) Reading You Said?

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

2064. Connecting people from different countries