2766. When Translation Can Help



We can teach English or another language in immersion mode, which is okay, and so it facilitates communication in the target language, which is the main goal, right? 

However I also use translation, but with also a communicative purpose. After having worked on a story of a worksheet, sometimes I tell my students “How would you say… in English?”, and I tell them an expression in Spanish, which is our mother language. 

In this way I make them turn a useful expression or sentence or phrase into the same one in English, with the convenient changes, because it isn’t literal translation. / Photo from: skiing-with-family donationtravel com. the photo is an illustration

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

581. Calm down

157. Speeches, debates, promises, promises, promises

3714. How to Teach Adults, and Teens, and Enjoying the Lessons

1930. The necessity of engagement

1490. Positive motivation