3588. Do You Like to Teach? - Also for Language-Learning Lovers (LLL)

 I love other teachers or other people in general would visit my blog. I have taken a three-week recess, after the school year has finished. It’s been a lovely year. Next year I expect we will be able to have face-to-face classes, always if the pandemic allows us to. 

On that recess or break I have read and studied a lot. Also English. Purely – concerning English – I have taken a dictionary and learned some words each day or nearly. It was a bilingual dictionary. As well I could grab a big one, also bilingual, but I wanted to study the smaller one, yet it offered thousands of words. 

I have not read any other book in English. 

However, I can tell you I have learned quite many daily words, words we use on a regular day of ours, everyday words. 

At home I have heard family stories about people who used to learn words of a different foreign language by using just a dictionary, for example of Japanese (!). 

And can anyone learn a language by studying from a dictionary?? 

Well, you can learn perhaps many terms, yet in order to learn a language you need to practice all the four language skills, listening, speaking, reading and writing, plus grammar and lexis. 

However, if you are a language learner, just try and learn words from a dictionary, for some period of time, and you WILL notice you might learn quite many words… Have a nice day. 

Well, something else: I have noted I re-learned some daily words which I had some idea about but not in a sure way: it’s like realizing there were words you half-knew… but NOW you learned them in a more solid way with that rather small dictionary. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

399. Creating a story