#8. Communicate, what for?


People communicate among them, with one another, at every moment, on the earth. We, teachers of languages, live on that. I normally say that a language is always something between two (at least). When reading a novel... too. Whenever. We receive enrichment from the other person. We, I, give enrichment to the "you".

Communication. I can tell you that me, as a Christian, that I, have the commandment to enrich the "you", to love "you". This is the why of our profession: communication.

Furthermore, I love you. Man cannot live without loving.

Aristotle said that that love is one of benevolence; that means, I want, I desire Good for the "you". Even more, right there, in my loving and being loved, we have a resemblance of God himself. It's like a streak, like a sparkle, that refer back to God. We have been created as a resemblance of God. We continue living now. And the source is God Himself. In the everyday thing, I treat with other "yous": at the gas station, when talking with my adolescent son about life, when talking by phone with my mother-in-law, when communicating with my wife, when... etc.

I’m not satisfied with saying that we just are a sparkle of God's wisdom. I just fetched the Bible and read in Genesis 1:26 “Et ait Deus: Faciamus hominem ad imaginem et similitudinem nostram.” That’s the point. (NVg version).

Photo from www.japantoday.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

3659. Learning a Language by (Just) Reading You Said?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

399. Creating a story