3569. On (Awesome) Learning Strategies for Our Students

I have some nice remembrances and memories about when I was a kid and carried out my high school period. I can recall the so many hours I used to spend at the study hall of the youth center I attended. 

It had a nice library. And that center monitors aroused and waked up my thirst for knowledge. Also its teachers did. 

Also I have some nice memories about my school teachers. Most of them, maybe all, were good teachers, both male teachers and female ones. They gave us knowledge and contents, and as well aroused our thirst for learning. 

That’s the teachers’ mission: both give contents and wake up the students’ hunger for learning. Thank you my dear teachers. Most of them may be retired or they have departed. 

And libraries are in no way obsolete. 

Okay, we have Internet browsers, yet libraries are necessary still, and hopefully they will keep being so. 

Think of the good that libraries can make to students, more if the books are in accordance to human dignity. 

This is what I wanted to say today. 

It’s necessary students should devote so many hours to studying books, amid a peaceful atmosphere and other students enrolled in the same labor: studying, studying, reading, reading. 

All that can contribute to make up valiant and valuable and worthy citizens of our dear world. 

And studying means using thorough learning strategies, like for example: reading for a general idea of the texts, then some more comprehensive and attentive reading, then a third reading for the main ideas plus underlining the main ideas and terms, then perhaps making up some outline with those main ideas, then memorizing them, and then some last revising reading. And then another day I will revise those notes and outlines, and re-read the texts from my book. Have a nice year and week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

3659. Learning a Language by (Just) Reading You Said?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

399. Creating a story