3570. I Admire Teachers and Their Work with Kids!

We teachers wish all our students would learn and be happy in the classroom and at remote teaching. Yes, we do. 

Sometimes I have written that they have to learn how to learn. However, they will learn how to learn if they learn before. 

I mean, they need to learn and set up a lot of knowledge and ideas and concepts in order to have something in mind upon which they can think about. 

They can think about learning if they have previously learned a lot of things. 

They can have abstract ideas when they are some, say, eleven years or so, maybe ten. Well, it is up to each kid to establish when they are capable to think abstractly. 

As well I have said that good students know they are good students, and they can use different learning strategies and think about them, so they can keep the ones that work, and discard the ones that don’t work; yet this demands some maturity and having learned a lot of things before, when they’re children and thus before puberty and adolescence. 

I admire you teachers, when you keep teaching day after day, with an exemplary perseverance with the kids you have in front of you in the classroom and on the computer screen when teaching remotely. 

I have taught kids for some fourteen years or so myself. 

Another issue: Do we have to set homework to our students? I would say yes, a big yes, in general. 

It seems good to revise and set up the things they have learned in the classroom. Also in order to learn further things. 

However, let’s remember that they may have homework from other teachers, so as to avoid storing too much work for home. Even for my grownup students I’m about to change this and then, if they agree, I will set some homework, something I have not done regularly. 

Well, lately I’ve said to my students to read simplified or unabridged books at home on their own - I teach English. I will insist on this and other things they can do at home. Have a nice week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

3659. Learning a Language by (Just) Reading You Said?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

708. Communication unites us