3586. Our Students on Their Way to Excellence: Step by Step

 I am finishing the current school year. Or I should say, WE are finishing our school year, my dear students plus me. They’ve been great also this school year, and I’ve noticed their progress in the target language. They’ve paid off. Yes, they have. 

They are adults. Recently I have again understood that successful learners are the ones who really wish to learn and those really in need of learning that target language, like migrants that have to earn their lives in a foreign country. 

In an English classroom there must be a real immersion in that tongue: communication is sustained and held in English, like the classroom were a piece of a foreign country. 

I teach English as a foreign language, or perhaps I should say as a second language, for English is permeating people’s learning and studies, above all amongst young people. Indeed. 

This finishing school year I have offered my dear students unabridged articles from the Web plus emails in English to inform them about remarkable points and logistics, at least one per week, often more. 

English is the language we use to communicate with one another. As something natural. 

The language teacher – and every teacher – has to create good habits in the face-to-face or remote or hybrid classroom. Success at teaching depends on making habits up, good ones. 

Thus each lesson may signify a step forward concerning our students’ learning or otherwise it may signify a step backward, if we teacher lack professionalism. 

A teacher has to be a habit person. A good-habits person, I mean. 

We may be adults but we keep building our personality up through either good or bad habits. Or virtues and vices, if you prefer so. 

Each action carried out leaves a print in our lives. If the person repeats many good actions, he or she will for sure make a virtue up. Remember that the better the teacher tries to be, the better and more successful his or her students also will be. I have seen it in quite many teachers and students alike, these years. Have a nice day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

399. Creating a story