3585. Who Is a Good Learner? Here You Have Some Attempt of an Answer

 I am a teacher. You already know it. I teach English to grownups. And I actually wish they would learn the language. And acquire it. I do. 

Yet all my effort would be fruitless unless they my students also wish to learn and acquire it. 

For that reason I give them articles from the Web, two of them about learning English. Next lesson I will insist on the following premises. 

Who is the student, the learner who REALLY learns the tongue? The one who REALLY wishes to learn. Crystal clear, you know? I’ve seen it this school year. In my students, in some more than in some others. Anyway all of them have improved. 

The learner that really learns is the autonomous one. That person pays off. That person will for sure apply all his strength to learning. 

If I dedicate my best forces to teaching but somebody would not really wish to learn, my job would be useless or close to that. Well, you know, they my students want to learn. And they attend the lessons. And when they cannot attend one, usually they let me know. 

Thus the successful learner is the one who actually wants to learn. Have a nice time. Something else: the good learner moves all the world to find his or her own unique way of succeeding at learning English or whatever language they are after. I say all this together with great scholar H. D. Brown, from whom I have learned a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

399. Creating a story