3617. Learning from Our Own Errors and Mistakes in Class as Teachers

 You as a teacher want for your students to learn and work a lot? So do I. 

Now I can tell you something that works with us. I teach English as a foreign language. And in class we carry out diverse and varied activities, so the thing turns out as something interesting. All I can tell you about is something I owe to others. 

As well I try to give some doses of pushing my students upward in their learning process, in class and outside. 

For example I write something as a group or class email I address to all of them, and there I insist on some points, like set and assign some homework, I let them know what is working better lately in class, etcetera. 

I address those emails to them as blind copies, so their email contacts keep protected. 

As well some of those doses are directed to foster learning in them, to arouse their learning.

For example I tell them about some learning strategies they can use to learn English, and which ones are taken from my own learning English of from Rebecca Oxford – you can find about her learning strategies in her 1990 book or from the Internet about her findings. 

The point is making my learners autonomous and self-relying ones. 

Also on my blog you can find about learning strategies if you click upon that tag or label – “autonomous learners” and also “learning strategies” mainly. 

Something else for today’s post. Serenity: when things in class do not happen as planned, keep and take it easy. Serenity, peace and peacefulness are important allies for a teacher, believe me. 

With other teachers’ help and help from others, things will go smoother later or another day. You may trust that things and good work will be kept up. Obtain support from others. Plus learn from your own errors and mistakes. Have a nice day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo