3713. Do You Love Your Students from the First Class Day?

 For those of you who are in the northern hemisphere I wish you teachers all a nice back to school. 

Today I’d like to say something about classroom management. I do know how some teachers have to struggle to keep a working pace at high school, at the classroom. I’m typing something that might perhaps help you out, if Granada now earthquakes let me write – I mean, we are okay, just we’ve have ten days of some small earthquakes, a few bigger ones. My mind goes to Venezuela, Colombia, Perú and Indonesia and their people, and I keep praying for you all. 

Well, I guess in class the main point is the teacher achieve to keep his or her students working, studying, learning. And a lot of you teachers already are attaining this, and you could tell us and share with us about that point. 

I’ve already written a lot on classroom managing in this blog, and clear is it that you cannot be those young people’s buddy. You cannot enter the classroom and, so as to gain your students, just tell them, I’m your friend!, or, All of you have already passed the exams with me – I think both proposals are true and historic. 

Now comes the important point. So you cannot be their buddy, yet you oughtn’t to get them to hate you. 

I mean, fellow readers, you are serious with them, yet you also have to exquisitely respect them, as persons they are, and we can’t humiliate them, neither in public nor aside. 

You as their teacher should get interested in their stuff, and get to know them by their names, and get to know each, and treat them with deference – they will not hate you that way. 

Even, you know, you must love them, with benevolence love and affection, and eventually they will love you – now I can recall a female teacher at high school: her students used to come up to talk to her after class, about all and about nothing. That seems the model to follow, and you as their teacher will for sure do them a lot of good. Nice back to school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

157. Speeches, debates, promises, promises, promises

1930. The necessity of compromise

3712. Is My Work as a Teacher Any Useful?

3501. Discipline and Class Management for their Happiness

3334. Motivating in a Positive Way Is Great!