27. The tests... also communicative


Tests or exams. Some days ago... today it's Saturday, and this was last Wedenesday, say. I was in El Corte Inglés, and I passed by a display stand with those summer vacation books for our kids.

The test, the final test, was made up of conversion (from affirmative into negative, etc.), filling out a blank with the correct tense, translation, etc.

My opinion, it's just my opinion, is I prefer to invent tests that would be communicative, mainly communicative.

Without forgetting that grammar is a necessary skeleton for communication.

My questions or activities are about topics they are concerned with, and my students communicate with me, also with essays, compositions, comps, with which I push them up to write about something interesting for them. Or stories, or yarns - Here I refer only to written exams, not to the speaking assessment, etc.
www.fall-creek-cabins.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

581. Calm down

157. Speeches, debates, promises, promises, promises

3714. How to Teach Adults, and Teens, and Enjoying the Lessons

1930. The necessity of engagement

1490. Positive motivation