For English language teachers or other languages, and for language students as well.
2602. Just On Time!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I just heard a
colleague of ours who said, “Let’s start the class on time, so as to finish
also on time”, I can assure you I liked it. / Photo from: o-COLLEGE-CLASS-facebook
www huffingtonpost com
One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “A teacher needs to have gravity, albeit he or she may be young. That teacher talks and moves with gravity and seriousness, with serenity. He or she would not scream and loose their temper. With passing time he or she acquires the skill to conduct the class in a somehow smooth way. However, if their students find out they can exploit their teacher’s anger, and it turns to be like a funny game, be cautious. To sum up, the class is not a struggle whose core is setting quietness, but a time for learning English. I know all this may be not as simple as that, but anyway, put this view of things in your mind, like a sound target to reach.” / Photo from: North by Northwest (1959). Directed by Alfred Hitchcock, starring Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint.
NB.- I just realized the attached picture might someway mean something pejorative about those gentlemen. Nothing this sort I meant. Furthermore, i do not know them. Just i liked the photograph, an interesting one if you have a peek at it. Let's carry over it: The teaching coach told old Shean, "I was thinking of telling you, of giving you some brief clues so as you may have a view of higher-level, heavy tasks for your students. First, you all will have to carry out a search of terminology. Second, they implement the task, you know. From a more simple contest between two students giving speeches as each has been proposed as the principal of the school, and she, or he presents the new schedule, rules, recess-periods, new technology, whether uniform or not (in Spain some students don't like wearing uniforms of the school at all; as soon as they arrive home, they change), and so on. Or a candidate for the primaries. Or proposals to end up out the world economic crisis. Pros a...
I teach adults. English to adults. And they may be great, so great, and demanding. I’ve also taught kids, and I’ve written a lot on classroom management. With adults the thing seems to be different, evidently. And if you teach this public, I’d like to point out something that also may help you if you teach teens for example. I guess deference is a term that suits here, both adults and kids. When you get into the classroom, alongside when you encounter adults at the school halls and corridors, you must refill up your tank with a big amount of patience. Yes, but all is smoothened if you love your students, if you become able to actually listen to them, with honest affection and attention. I would tell you too: Don’t argue with them at all, don’t quarrel with them: all may be suited and solved in a nice and patient way. Just listen to them, and try and understand them, and their viewpoints, being in their shoes: perhaps they may be right, and you’ve got to ch...
Something very beautiful. When a man and a woman love each other, they may get married, if they were single. For the rest of their lives. Moreover Jesus Christ elevated this something natural to a sacrament, and thus both spouses have the grace and help from God to live a happy marriage, although you for sure will have life pains to endure. Besides marriage for Christians and everybody else is a vocation and a way to become holy on this earth. Wow! Rewritten September 7, 2026.
Studying and working are demanding for a kid. So we can encourage him or her by letting them know that you parents are glad because he or she has invested a nice effort. In this way he or she will be animated and even that student, after some of these times will like to learn and study new things, delightfully. That student will begin to speak in English more often than not. I have seen it in real life: a positive motivation boosts working a great deal. More than the grade or mark he could have gotten, it is important to value their effort. / Photo from: student reading. www sccollege edu
Comments