3612. Five Points to Try to Have Successful English Lessons, or Any Other Language

 One month ago, while I was suffering some Covid-19 at home with minor symptoms, I wrote a series of remarkable points to take into account for my English lessons, if I wish my students would accomplish to learn and acquire that adorable language. Namely they are: 

1. To read English graded readers or books they could get at a given recommended bookstore. 

2. To foster they would give oral presentations in class about a topic of their choice, for a quarter of an hour or so. 

3. To pass them on the lure of learning English also on their own, so they would become “autonomous, independent and self-relying learners” (Jeremy Harmer 2003). 

4. To have discussions in the class about the activities we are carrying on in that class, or about pictures I show them, or about topics they like (my students are adults). 

5. Assign homework to them by emailing, and demand that homework in the class. 

Well, actually I wrote down more points, yet I wanted to pinpoint those five ones. Number one is special, since massive and intensive reading gives them grammar, lexis, idiomatic expressions. Have a nice day and we wish peace for Ukraine and Russia and all over our dearest world.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

758. Irregular verbs now and then

399. Creating a story