2392. How We Manage Our Vocabulary



My students, as anybody else, I would say, have an active vocabulary and a passive one, regarding the language they’re learning and acquiring. 

The first one is used by them, and the second one is words they know but don’t use. 

I realize that when writing, for example, I use words that I had some kind of guess I knew, and I use them for writing as I said. And Word corrector tells me if they exist or not. 

The same may happen to students after years of learning-acquiring English. You are making up a store with both kinds of words, and retrieve some or many of them for using them. 

I also utilize Wordreference as a dictionary and as an aid. / Photo from: well blogs mytimes com. jogging. The photo is mere illustration: learning a foreign language can be like sport: you invest effort

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

581. Calm down

157. Speeches, debates, promises, promises, promises

3714. How to Teach Adults, and Teens, and Enjoying the Lessons

1930. The necessity of engagement

1490. Positive motivation