526. How shall I do today?


One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “Yesterday I started a course for old people, a new situation for me! They are some ten learners, sitting around a large table, with me, all of them like piercing me and ears clung to any word from me. The learners are close to no idea of English. I had a few clear ideas beforehand. Like: what are their expectations?; the aim of this organization (this school) is to engage the elderly’s time with something their choice; the principal told me they must keep on with the classes in a relaxing mood; I’ve got to teach them things useful for traveling to England, for example. In a few words: I must adjust my teaching to both relaxing and exacting to put in effort and perseverance in attending the classes.” / Photo from: lady_cleaner_z_r2tr thecaringassistant com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

399. Creating a story