444. Scoring goals without communication!


This post is very useful. It enhances the value of the speaking skill. It was published on Georgina Hudson’s interesting blog. I also write it to reckon sesnsible dianasabaulupasc’s contribution. Thank you, Diana. / Photo from: humanoid-kaist01 mexicohabla com


www.teachingenglish.org.uk/blogs/georginahudson

dianasabaulupasc


Speaking skills in children


Submitted on 12 July, 2010 - 10:18


First of all, I suppose the children are native English speakers so they use the same language at home and at school. I teach English as a foreign language, so in my case it is a little bit more difficult, because children use English just at school or in few circumstances... but anyway... I think, or at least this is one of my strategies, the communication is the most important thing. So it doesn't matter how stupid or childish the conversation is with them, or also it doesn't matter how obvious the answers are, you should keep talking with them, you should enter in their mind and start thinking like them during the classes. to improve speaking you should take into consideration acting-out different situations or stories. you can read them a story then ask them to act it out (not actually memorizing the lines but retelling them in their own words)... I don't have anything in mind anymore, but as soon as I have an other idea I will write down.....

regards,

Diana Sabau

www.teachingenglish.org.uk/blogs/georginahudson


http://www.georginahudsonteaching.blogspot.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

2788. A Smiling Teacher

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?