458. Linking our classes to everyday life


One day teacher of English B said to teacher of English A, “Teaching, learning, communicating, as you know, must be something linked to our surroundings. I’d tell you something to help you link the contents of your classes to their actual lives. These are my findings. Utilize realia up to the age of 9: real food, real cutlery, to simulate having a meal at a restaurant, in a simple role-play, etc. Do not utilize visual aids any longer when they have reached 14, for they may sense they’re being treated like children. The students can understand and manage abstract concepts like the subject and the verb when they are 11. Well, I’d stop here, you know. I hope this can be useful. The ages I talked about are not iron limits, and those ages were referred to boys. A teacher that teaches girls also can figure out similar ideas, no problem, I guess. Oh, yes, I know you have not much extra time to plan your classes nevertheless...” / Photo from: Arizona Cooking book www arizonagift com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family