3545. How to Handle Behavior Problems in the Classroom, Some Hints

As I said on last post, on this blog I have written a lot on behavior classroom management. Also you may have noticed that I have shown I have had a lot of affection to my students. It is love of benevolence: Seek what is good for those persons. It is not my merit – I have learned that from others. 

Okay then. We teachers, when we have to reprimand a student’s disrespectful attitude in the classroom, should speak with that individual aside, apart the class, in a private situation. 

My dad used to say that we would get more with an affectionate word than with a lot of quarrel. And it’s really so! 

On last post I included a link to an interview between Angela Watson and Robyn Jackson. It’s a great article and you may learn a lot. 

As well I have met some great teachers who precisely were pretty normal, regular and ordinary. And they had that great affection toward their students. With prudence, but affection anyway. 

There were behavior problems in their classrooms, they had, indeed, but they more or less knew how to handle them. 

I would keep that nice dad’s advice: You gain more with an affectionate word than with a thousand angry words. 

We could wait for next day or even a couple of days, and then with some serene mood and purified intention, we could talk with that individual in our office, and thus we could obtain much more. And we could lead and direct that student to working and learning better!

And remember to read that interview between Angela Watson and Robyn Jackson. Have a nice week, my dear readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

399. Creating a story