1176. Diving into history



On this post I summarize the main core of the history of Celts and something else. 

As I say in my profile I myself could have Celtic family roots. The thing is in research process still. However I can say that some scholars say that people from today Galicia went to Ireland and settled down there. 

It is known that there was a Celtic origin in central Europe as well. 

Celts would have settled in today Ireland from Galicia, Asturias, partially because the Anglo-Saxon peoples from western Europe pushed Celts toward the island of Man and Ireland and today Wales. 

As I say I am researching about my roots, among which Cantabri would be part of the migrations. 

Romans conquered Hispania, but on the north of Spain they could have not submitted Vasconi (Vascones). 

The history is much more complicated, but coming to the head part of my origins come from Cantabria. 

Other peoples of these origins settled down in French Bretagne (you may think of the comics of Asterix). 

I repeat again that I am after this research, picking up from here, picking up from there, using books, different sources, etc. 

Anyway all these tribes and people seem to have the same Indo-European origin. / Photo from: s258 photobucket com. celtic knots 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?