3474. The Right Stuff for a Teacher: Something Gained over Time


I knew a teacher, a good one. He had authority and was not authoritarian. 

He knew his students and loved them truly, with benevolence love: he sought the best for them. His students used to respect him in the classroom and out of it. 

He was nice and kind, and knew how to somehow kid with his students out of that high school. He got along with his students. He got concerned about them. 

He was absolutely normal and regular. He used to try and teach his classes with some seriousness, kind he was, though. He had a natural respect from his students. 

In the classroom he tried his best. Since he took his lessons seriously he gained a nice prestige from his students. 

He faced his errors and mistakes, even some major problems. You may be thinking he was a superman, and he wasn’t at all. Here I’ve collected my remembrances about a teacher I had when I was 13 and 14, and I can add honestly that I have collected minor details from other teachers I’ve read about. 

So I don’t think I write from fantasy. I firmly believe in this picture I’ve depicted. Plus I know many of you teacher readers have some of the same features. Don’t you feel inclined to try to imitate that picture? / Photo from: wallpaper canyon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family