3510. How to Expand Our Students' Vocabulary: Some Hints

Something which constitutes a big booster to learn a second language is just reading. Well, all four language skills ought to be practiced: listening, speaking, reading and writing. But I can confess you that reading books massively and intensively really helps you learn and acquire that language. 

One of the books I’m currently reading is Harry Potter, namely the third episode or sequel, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I read it also some ten or more years ago, so I know the story. And it is still interesting. 

I read also for just fun or entertaining. 

And I do not get too trapped in looking up words I don’t know – I enjoy the reading. 

As well I’m studying and working on a C1 English textbook and I can assure you also I’m learning quite a lot. C1 is one of the levels of mastering a language: it equals to advanced level, with C2 as the highest level possible. They’re levels at the European framework of reference: A1 and A2 are basic, B1 and B2 are intermediate and C1 and C2 are the top levels. 

And you may think that reading for some minutes a day is an attainable possibility for most language learners. 

So as to finish I’m saying also that sometimes I go back to what I’ve read at random just to pick up some words I’ve read and upon which I want to focus, and I can tell you that they get learned in mind and may come up when speaking or writing. 

Have a nice week, fellow readers. Some of the ideas for this post have been taken from Sally Millin, published on the website of The British Council – BBC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?