3515. More on Motivating Our Students

Teaching is… great, once again. And watching and observing how our students are progressing or not very much… - so far - is also great. 

We have to plan our lessons with our students in mind. But I can also see and perceive that I have to keep on improving my teaching. Once and over again and again. No problem.

If you've been teaching for some quite many years, you can discover and find out what your students are in need of.  

Well, my students try to do their best. I teach English as a second language. This morning my students were saying what some words meant, from a worksheet with sentences and one longer text. That was one of the activities we were carrying out. 

That was good practice and I intended for them to notice and reckon that: that was good practice. 

For next class I will also say what those words mean, and thus I can mold the exercise for my students to have some more examples to imitate or to build up their definitions upon, also counting on what advanced students say when we implement this sort of activity. 

Another exercise was describing some photos from a magazine, almost a journal. If I want for my students to describe those pictures I first of all should describe photos myself so that they have some examples to mold their describing. Plus what other advanced students can do with those pictures. 

The classes are mixed-ability ones. And high-achievers can thus assist and help their classmates. You see, teaching is great, and has these marvelous things. Have a nice week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2065. Teaching grammar with meaningful examples