3541. Literature and What Great Authors Have Written

If you’re learning or teaching a second or foreign language, you should remember that any language has four skills to practice: listening, speaking, reading, and writing, ok? 

Today I would like to say something about reading. Reading is so great. The language learner has to read intensely and massively, and that counts toward a lot of learning that tongue, whatever that tongue is. 

I personally read a book at least some brief minutes a day. I try and enjoy it. Reading is great, as I said. 

When reading you’re thinking in that target language. 

I come across some new words and enjoy learning them. 

I use the dictionary rather little – I’m learning English, by the way. 

I read a couple of pages each time or so, and then I come back to what I’ve read and then randomly I pay attention and focus on some words and idioms and take like a mental picture. Memory is something you can train and it's elastic, like chewing gum...

In that way I can tell you that I’ve learned quite many words and some phrases. 

Even sometimes I employ a technique which is that while reading I imagine I’m actually writing what I’m reading. And thus I fix and notice many interesting words and idioms. 

So as to finish I can tell you that for learning a language reading and listening have to be rather ample and continuous – for example every day a few minutes at least. Have a nice week, my dear readers. ---Oh, a couple of days ago I finished Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and re-started 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

399. Creating a story