3664. Good News for Teachers: They May Be Resourceful

 Some days ago I wrote as a note something like, The teacher is source and resource. And I guess it may be inspiring for teachers, novice teachers, and prospective teachers. Let’s see. 

Also today I wanted to add something to what I posted last June 24. It is that when I read books to learn and acquire English something I sometimes do, and which may help out other learners, is that when I finish to read and study a few pages, every day, well, I then go backward to what read and randomly pick up such and such and such words and phrases and as they are isolated I kind of take a mental photo of those words and phrases, and, you know, I think I get those terms stuck in mind and memory. 

In that way after you’ve read quite many days you may have a rather ample vocabulary. 

Well and now let’s go to the teacher as source and resource. 

Each and every teacher may be like someone original and unique: he or she may give a brilliant something: hit on the nail of solving a teaching problem, or providing something fresh and anew, or attracting the students like a pied piper of Hamelin, or … 

He or she does not need to be a lame duck. 

Those ideas have been taken in some way from Professor Jutta Burggraf (1952-2010). 

What I mean is that if you have great teachers, more likely you will have great students. 

I said that a new teacher may be original, even a genius. Yet for most rookie teachers I would indicate that they need to read and study and learn from veterans, plus if you wish to be creative, well, you firstly must have read a lot, and only then you’ll be able to elaborate new ideas with that built tank. 

Anyway, the teacher may be source and resource. And he or she will have to face everyday trouble and seek solutions. We may have textbooks, ok, but also the teacher may eventually be source and resource. I have seen it and you may have similar experiences in your school. Have a nice day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3669. To Bear in Mind when Lesson Planning: Some Possible Aid

3670. The Importance of a New School Year Very First Lesson

3668. Again, How Flexible Are You as a Teacher?

3667. Do We Have to Help Low-Achieving Students?

3379. How to Deal with Some Anxiety...