210. Spot this!


Just an announcement.
I'm preparing to pass international C-2 level in English. The highest level (!).
I attend a specific course at prestigious Centro de Lenguas Modernas, of Universidad de Granada.
The English variety used there is BrE.
And its teachers speak it. A nice team. Very communicative and commited.
That preparation entails the fact that I'm struggling hard, believe me, to recover this variety.
And this swift requires changes in various points:
grammar,
vocabulary,
accent,
pronunciation,
idioms,
usage of tenses,
some syntax,
even some thinking processing or indiosincraces,
the stress on syllables,
spelling,
vowels qualities,
punctuation signs.
Help! One of the reasons I have used AmE so far, for how long? Say four years. One of the reasons has been the fact that most of my students came from the USA. These guys were, are prospective teachers of English.
I have many friends in this country beyond the Atlantic (I live in Spain).
This does not mean at all I have looked down BrE these years.
Besides, BrE also sounds catchy: listen to Prince Charles for example, or a cockey Londoner in those programmes on the radio in which people phone the presenter to tell him about their opinion about this or that piece of news.
Also, I owe my daily earning to the language invented in UK, to the people who have moulded RP along the centuries.
I gain with this swift. Definitely.
comicsolvidados blogspot com. Mortadelo and Filemón are very, very popular and funny characters of Spanish comics: they have got a deserved position in this literary genre.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family