3494. Getting Good Rapport in the Classroom

Pheeeww! We already are at the end of the school year in the north hemisphere. And so we’re tired and it’s getting perhaps too warm, and soon it’ll be hot here in Granada, south of Spain. 

Officially the present school year finishes in May but I might offer extra classes in June, even though fewer and fewer students are attending the classes. 

Now I teach adults, and they’re learning English as a second language and have no official exams to pass. They wish to learn and acquire that language for their travels abroad and as well to maintain their minds agile and lively. 

So I mean that the teacher has to feel that their students may be tired and in need of some rest – even I am tired, however, I can offer those lessons also in June. 

Next week still within May it will be crucial to decide whether we have classes in June. 

At one of the schools where I teach adults we’ll definitely have lessons until mid-June. 

So if we cut off lessons now the students may feel like with a lingering wish to continue, and we can arrange for more classes next school year, from October onward. 

Thus the thing is avoiding my students can get burned out… or myself! I don’t mean the students misbehave but the point is avoiding being too tiresome. 

Over the summer anyway I will attend another course, namely an English summer camp for kids, but at another venue and that means a fresh starting point. Have a nice day. I’ll let you know what occurs with my June classes…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!