3505. Working on Interesting Texts in the Classroom

Some time I somehow enjoy in the classroom is when my adult students are reading and working on the worksheets I hand them out. The new school year is coming on and now it is a nice time to think of the good things teaching has. 

Sometimes, as I said, my students dedicate some time to revising those worksheets I make myself. 

While they’re reading I can contemplate them working and that’s nice too. 

They need that amount of time to focus and concentrate on those texts in English. It’s then when also they’re learning and acquiring that language. They often use their smartphones to look up words they don’t understand, on an online dictionary. 

They learn a lot mainly because they’re good learners. It’s also then when they’re a bit more of autonomous learners. 

As well that’s when I have some recess at my teaching them. And that’s important. Furthermore because I need some break within classes. 

Of course I keep at their disposal in case they have some questions. 

Who are the learners who have success at learning English or any other language? Autonomous learners. This summer they’ve been reading simplified readers I gave them at the end of last school year. If a learner actually wishes to learn, likely he will succeed. 

I’ve mentioned we work on worksheets. Those worksheets contain sentences and brief texts at a roughly tuned level of English they can understand but at the same time it’s a bit higher their actual levels. Not too easy, not too difficult. I copy those texts from books and methods to learn English. 

Those texts sometimes have some kind of cohesion and coherence. Other times they’re quite varied. But the worksheets are reasonable anyway. Have a nice week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo