781. Focusing the objective






One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “Some of my students think they’re going to get a good grade in the next test of English, but in the end they get a low grade. I want to help them be aware of their actual and realistic knowledge and capability of using English. All this before the test, obviously. What can I do?




I could ask them to think and assign the grade they would honestly deserve so far – in this way, at least I’ll make them think and mentally revise what they’ve learned, both grammar and usage of English for authentic communication.




Just one more thing. I’ll tell them to plan their study and practice from the very first day we begin a new unit in the course book. They might look through the unit and get to know its contents. Thus they would make out some general plan of work on their own. So, I would ask them next day, in the class, their findings concerning the contents, and suggestions of how to work out the unit.” / Photo from: family go com. family barbecue photo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!