Sunday, December 9, 2012

939. The planning to follow


 

I have planned a sequence of pieces of communication to implement along the course I teach to adult learners, most of them already retired. They’re excellent learners. They wish to learn English for example for their trips abroad.

The sequence is: words – phrases – sentences – conversations and presentations.

The basis for the material we use is on worksheets with short stories and meaningful-for-them sentences.

As you can see, the approach I follow in my classes is communicative (mainly). One example: I ask them a question and they respond with a phrase: “What does the man help himself with, to stroll?” And the students will answer, “With a stick”. / Photo from: centennialofflight gov. instructor and students studying map. civilian training school     

Post a Comment