486. Their power? In their minds, sure thing


One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “I’ve been lately thinking that school should be, has to be, more than instruction, you know. I mean, not only instruction in history, biology, speaking in English, math, and so on. Consider what I’ve copied for you. Here you go. Look. ‘A recent historian has termed Harvard in that period [the fifties] an Eden, a truly collegial place where the life of the mind was valued and everything needful was at hand. An enriching contribution to our teaching, I think. You can keep the piece of paper.” The quotation is from John T. Bethell, Harvard Observed: An Illustrated History of the University in the Twentieth Century, Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1998, p. 210. – [Excuse me, L, I’m so sorry, my apology! I keep at your disposal]. / Photo: The Matrix emezeta com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

758. Irregular verbs now and then

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

1188. Effort and eagerness are very important

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient