605. Building the lasting edifice of English



One day teacher of English B said to teacher of English A, “On post # 600 I was telling you about a teacher we had at a school of languages of Universidad de Granada. I was a student of English. I wanted to tell you more things about this teacher.


This person did something that is not simple for me to do - I was learning English.


With fortitude, and kindness, he showed for example that he wasn’t understanding me when I was presenting a topic; he said he was lost, with plain and encouraging terms.


As well he told us the points one of us had done wrong during his or her speech, a few big grammar points. You know, he didn’t let one wrong point without correcting it, if he thought he must do it.

What I mean is that this teacher had the fortitude to correct, and not a lenient weakness to keep silent.” / Photo from: members virtualtourist com. Blue Skies through Evora’s Roman Temple.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family