3483. Most Students Like Stories, Don't They?


I currently teach English at two schools. Plus some private tuition. And my students are adults. And I make worksheets for them. 

Nevertheless I notice my dear students do need more vocabulary, which one I cannot provide in the classes I teach them. 

Thus I’m thinking for next school year to encourage them to get a reader, one of those simplified and abridged books. In one of the centers where I work they already use one, because they also attend classes with another teacher and they’re working on Great Expectations, by great Charles Dickens. I’m going to ask them in one of the classes I have with them how they get the reader, whether it’s at certain bookstore or where else. 

I foresee, however,  that if I choose a reader with certain level, and since my students have different levels of English, some of them could find the reader as an easy one while others may encounter it so difficult. So I’d have to have a look at some readers with my students in mind, and then I would adjust the choice of the reader: not too easy and not too high a level. 

I will tell you readers what I decide concerning this point. Reading a book provides with a lot of words to enhance and enrich their lexis. And they can utilize those words for communication in the classroom, in English. Have a nice weekend. / Photo from: niña-y-padre-leyendo Gaspar. El lugareño

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2065. Teaching grammar with meaningful examples