653. On his vacation he carried on working




One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “Once I had to teach English to a class-group, a small one, about ten students, in a short English summer course. The ages were from 10 to 12 years. The course was an extra-school activity, where my set goal was to foster listening and speaking.



I found out the first day that roping the kids into aural games was something to be preferred than just confining myself to keep them quiet and still all the class long. This is perfectly compatible with respect and learning to take care of the material of the study hall, where I taught. I tried to teach them also not to laugh at any classmate; also how to listen to me, to the other classmates; I avoided them be so jumpy and playful - on my side, with gentle gestures and stopping talking. There was one typical smart cookie student to tie tight.

So to speak, in these classes the point was gaining the students to my field, and make their minds get busy with the stuff of the games. I tried to combine simple games with other high-level ones. And one student could be helped by his classmates to respond to a question by me. The class was clearly mixed-ability.” / Photo from: cityguidesblog com. Valle del Jerte, in Extremadura, western Spain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!