3431. How to Learn a Language Rather Easily


We second or foreign language teachers may love to teach, but we may be non-native, so… we need to refresh that language. And learning it… is quite a life-long learning. It is, indeed. 

Something I usually do to keep learning and acquiring English is reading novels and also non-fiction. And it works. 

I keep learning and acquiring vocabulary. I learn but also I acquire the language, in an unaware way. It may be words I come across while reading. You know, I get them into my head and while writing I can use some words I have ever come across. Even perhaps on this very post. 

It’s words and also phrases and ways to say something in English. You know, it’s great! 

And when reading sometimes I come back to what already read so as to fix some words I have devoured while reading. 

Other times I carry on reading just to delight in reading itself. 

Other times I look up some words in the dictionary. 

Other times – often – I deduce the meaning from the context, and also then I think I acquire the words, rather than merely learn them. I hope all this helps you if you’re a second or foreign language teacher, or a learner. / Photo from: ferrari-246-f1-dino james allen on f1. On that photo you can see another formula 1 car, an old one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo