3445. On Teen and Adult Learners


On last post I told you that communication in English (the target language) is one of the main goals in my classes. Communication among intelligent people. 

Also I told you we teachers should know our students to make them talk at the discussions about the points they know from their experiences. I teach adults at present. 

Okay, then, I can tell you that also those discussions help me learn about my students, as may happen with your classes as well. 

The point is to have our students talk about what they know about. Or about what they’ve been working on – think of the flipped-classroom model, on which you can see further by clicking on its label from the right column of my blog. You decide if you could implement it or not: it might work with you, maybe yes, maybe no... 

We as teachers may in the classroom show a serious and affectionate attention to what they may be talking about. 

In teens’ classrooms we should take into account that normally teens can learn a lot from the activities and texts they work on. In this latter case – adolescents – we have also to think that those people like to be treated with respect, as serious persons they may be. Let’s never humiliate a teen! Have a nice day. / Photo from: how-to-get-over-a-fear-of-flying The Independent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

382. A school... of fish

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo