3444. More on Communication in the Classroom


I’ve been thinking. If I make somebody talk, which is the case with the one-to-one classes I’m teaching lately, and that person, or that class of students, actually speak, all the thing is gotten! 

I mean, I implement a communicative approach to teaching English. If the students actually speak, all the work has been achieved, or nearly all. 

Also I could teach and make them practice functions too: apologizing, asking for, promising, offering help, etc. Yet that teaching functions will be for another day of classes. 

If I implement warmers at the beginning of my lessons and those warmers serve the purpose of talking in English… okay then, objective accomplished! And if the warmer takes one fourth of the lesson, I’d say the purpose of my classes has been gotten, right? 

When I plan my lessons I write “discussion” attached to other activities, for example describing photos in English. And then at those activities of describing pictures I try and make my students talk, and the goal was achieved. 

For that reason I need to know my students: to make them talk about what they’re experts in. As well by means of those discussions I get to know them better and better. 

Last but not least: on the pathway we’re running with those talking activities, then, at those moments, on the spot, I correct some major problems my students make. 

I remind you that at present my students are adults, but seemingly it’d be useful with teens as well. I believe so. And my classes are not official, thus I specify the goals I wish and think are okay with my students. / Photo from: Cows+and+Castle+Ruins+in+Ireland The Upbeat Path

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo