3433. Do You Really Listen to Your Students?


I learned in my former schools to treat my students not just as students and that’s all, but somehow friendlily. 

By no means do I intend I’d be my students’ buddy. 

The point is respecting them and treating them as human persons, and not merely as clients of my teaching. 

As well today’s trends in education is conducting and leading that way. 

Therefore I would treat them all with exquisite respect and deference. 

Another consequence we could draw is we should listen to them seriously. 

You know, they have a great dignity as persons, some biography, some way of being and some personality, some family, some personal context and circumstances… they deserve all my respect, both if boys or girls, both men and women. 

Another consequence would be teaching them in the classroom with also exquisite respect and deference. In the classroom, I mean it. They are intelligent persons and merit some teaching that should be improving day after day. Have a nice day! / Photo from: deporte y mujer. Selección femenina de baloncesto.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family