3466. Positive Motivation Please!


I have gotten a costume and habit: I usually thank my adult students at the end of each lesson. I do. I appreciate their contributions, their attention and their effort. They’re great, demanding though. 

I owe them classes turn out fine. 

As well positive motivation makes them even better learners. I try and reckon what they do well, which is a lot. Since our teaching method is communicative – teaching English as a second language – I usually focus on class communication, rather than grammar accuracy. Sometimes, even often, grammar is also important, anyways. 

I insist on purpose: communication, communication, communication is the big thing in our lessons, and they – my students – are so communicative often. Good night, fellow readers. 

We can praise our students, but not too much either. / Photo from: Colorín Colorado.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo