623. Not too old! No way, man!



One day teacher of English B said to teacher of English A, “So you think a person quite many years old cannot learn English? What you think may be because you don’t have the nice experience I had at the beginning of this year 2011...



You know, I’ve never had students with such a bigger effort and perseverance as the ones I taught that time. The oldest ones were around seventy years old.



I guess they had a renewed mind so as to learn English with such an eagerness. They registered that short course because they wished to learn, and might have some chance to go to the UK or someplace else.



I was rather much younger than them.



And they – a group of some ten learners each group – had a respect and deference I never thought someone could have toward me. Their eyes and ears were so open at anything I said. Sometimes it was somehow difficult to carry on the class because of the many questions they asked me!



And they were so grateful. It was one of my best experiences ever. Summing up, they had perseverance, and stick-to-it-ness, using an expression Edison once said.” / Photo from: texasescapes com. San Antonio, TX, Brown Humble gas station Aug 1938

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?