633. His teacher is behind





One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “If it’s useful to you, I can tell you about some private classes I taught a few years ago. The boy was I think 16 or 15 and he had to pass the subject of English however the way, so to speak. I tried to get a nice rapport with him, ask him some questions but not many questions about his progress; I should encourage him but not choke him; I had to put in his shoes, etc. However, one day I thought something different could turn out well – beside some of the things said above, like encouraging, listening to him, etc. Ok, I thought, I’m going to explain/make him understand the different points of the grammar, little by little, also on his own, like I said, with his effort. I would give him real-life examples of sentences with that grammar, etc., trying to talk with him in a sort of neutral (?) but kind and friendly mode, not trying to show off like, Hi, I am your buddy.



In a word, he was learning and striving because he wished, more and more, and also counting on my aid, of course.” / Photo from: golflessononline org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient