766. Genuine and authentic love


One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “Yesterday I read through this blog. The guy writes things he’s picked up here and there. After reading this stuff I at once realized that those things must be really first accomplished in my life and in my class, and it isn’t enough just to have read some posts and this is it, as he says of himself.


It’s ok you have to think of your students when planning a class, and not of ‘virtual’ students: you must accept your students they way they are. I oughtn’t to plan according-to-a-perfect-methodoly-like
classes; this has to be related with the students.


The first premise, I think, is that I have to struggle to firstly love my wife and kids, and as a result the love to my students will be genuine and authentic: You say you treat your family in a rather rough way when you arrive home!? And you tell me you love and teach and treat your students in the nicest way!? It doesn’t fit, guy.


So I would turn the thing the other way round, which is more positive: if I treat my students nice, first I must love my family. You know, it’s been a long time since the last day I brought home some chocolates; Sara and my kids love them, and we’re close to Christmas. I’d like now to make the firm resolution to love my dearest wife and kiddies through everyday little things, and also not make faces when my daughter asks me to play with me like I were a horse and she rides on my back around the lounge.” / Photo from: 20minutos es. niño y niña jugando con videojuegos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?