1082. Are you a good actor or actress?




Teacher B said to teacher A, “Nowadays it’s more difficult for kids to focus because there are more devices that distract them. Focus and effort now are more difficult. 

So what now? 

The teacher should be a bit kind of an actor or actress, who keeps their students’ attention more than ever before. However, the thing depends on the way that teacher is. 

In my case, for example with kids aged 10 through 12 for example, I try to be an actor in some way. I use intonation, silence, tension, games, gestures, surprise, mimicry, eye-contact, addressing the students by their names, I change the activity not to do things boring or flat. 

I count on the whiteboard as a good ally. I use realia if I can. I plan classes but not extra-material: PowerPoint™, smartboard (we don’t have any)... Like I said [sic], the main allies are gestures, voice and the whiteboard.” / Photo from: blog deskidea com. mimioteach.  cómo convertir tu pizarra en una pizarra digital     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?