233. Why you chose that job?



Here is a comment I posted on the website of BBC-The British Council a few days ago. I hope it would be any interesting to you.




Fernando M Díez...



Why you chose teaching as a profession?


Submitted on 9 December, 2009 - 21:15



Hi, everybody,

I appreciate your posts about this big question.

I appreciate you are teachers of English...

We teachers influence on our learners, kids if the case. We transmit our enthusiasm as though by osmosis. If you, teacher, keep being a learner of English (if the case), they will notice your enthusiasm, or at least your effort. The very same occurs regarding any other language.

If you attend your everyday post as a teacher, with a struggle to become someone better, as well, despite our natural human flaws, you'll hit on top of the nail. You well know this, as me. You'll help your pupils somehow to become better people, better persons themselves.

I could say many things about the thing why I chose this profession. A lot of ideas come to my mind.

I've just posted an entry in my blog. There I hope I show this my loving teaching, teaching English, and what is biggest, teaching kids. I digg whenever I see my kids struggling to say something in English. I told them, at the beginning of the academic year that I do not understand Spanish. Well, it's a treat, it's fun: I pretend I don't understand if they speak to me in L1. Both them and I are Spaniards.

Have a try, like this, if you are non-native speakers of English.

I could tell you further things, but just this is ok, like sort of a contribution to a nice view of our profession.

We, teachers of English, I think, make a team, a global one. I feel at home when posting here on this website or whenever I utter or receive from any of you, people.

Best for all of you, great people.


Fernando Diez Gallego


(Lovely and worth to pay a visit) Granada

South of Spain




Photo from traditionofexcellence. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient