238. I reckon you try to do your best


I think I should make something clear.
Obviously it is not the same the way you conduct a small group and a large group.
Currently I teach small groups, from 3 to 5 or 6 pupils.
A fantastic number.
Also I have taught... I was about to say large class-groups, but those groups were rather small if compared with regular classes at an institute of Spain.
In this latter case, there can be 40 students.
And you have to teach English!
You have to help every student out to learn English!
Coming down to what I was going to say.
When I was based in Jaén, also south of Spain, the class-groups of the school were some 22 to 29 students, approximately.
Still a number with which you can work ok.
I would say, as any other teacher, that the maximum number in a regular class-group should be some 20.
An institute in Spain means basically secondary education - 12 to 18 years.
All the same, I would tell you that all or most of the things I post in this blog may be implemented for any class-group.
I owe what I have learnt and the games and other stuff to colleagues of mine, mostly.
In time, you, like me, or any other teacher, finds the best ways to do things in the classroom.
I admire most of the teachers in most of the schools or institutes in Spain: it is commonly tough to teach.
Believe me.
I'm fortunate, currently, because of having small groups.
Thanks for the photo to motorcyclesnews com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient