1610. Communication is the goal to me




Many teachers of English confine their teaching to the course book. 

The course book is an aid, an important one anyway. 

In my opinion I propose a communicative approach (beside the course book). 

I owe this to many predecessors of mine and to some scholars. Because of all that, I wrote on post # 1607 that the conducting of a regular class ought to be in English. It’s real English. 

Maybe you’ll have to go little by little, because the average level of your class is low. Doesn’t matter. Go little by little. Ponder if you have to use their L1 or not – better if you can say all in basic English. / Photo from: foggy forest www ruudviser com. The photo here is just an illustration

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo