188. On duty 24 hours

The teacher trainer/coach told me,
"You, teacher, think all the time in English.
Even when not communicating with anybody else.
It is possible.
Yet it needs training, to get longer and longer thinking in that language.
A friend of mine, born Spanish but based in the US, made me amazed when at the beginning of a new day, right after the rise time, in a summer program of English in Marbella, he entrusted me of some small jobs I had to do for later.
He did so in English.
And the remaining of the day, he addressed me in Spanish, for I am that nationality.
Conclusion: after having lived in the States for some quite number of years, he plainly thought in English.
His friends, other teachers at that program, assured me he sounded full American, no streak Spanish at all."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!