157. Speeches, debates, promises, promises, promises


NB.- I just realized the attached picture might someway mean something pejorative about those gentlemen. Nothing this sort I meant. Furthermore, i do not know them. Just i liked the photograph, an interesting one if you have a peek at it. Let's carry over it:
The teaching coach told old Shean,
"I was thinking of telling you, of giving you some brief clues so as you may have a view of higher-level, heavy tasks for your students.
First, you all will have to carry out a search of terminology.
Second, they implement the task, you know.
From a more simple contest between two students giving speeches as each has been proposed as the principal of the school, and she, or he presents the new schedule, rules, recess-periods, new technology, whether uniform or not (in Spain some students don't like wearing uniforms of the school at all; as soon as they arrive home, they change), and so on.
Or a candidate for the primaries.
Or proposals to end up out the world economic crisis.
Pros and cons of smoking in public close places.
One core point is the task ought to raise emotions, in-favors or strong-againts.
I don't know much, but in Spain pepole like controversies and giving opinions about everything, even more if they know little.
Well, somewhat simplistic; anyways it has to do with the Latino spirit, I presume."
Thanks so much for the picture, spaldingbrothers high school warchronicle com

Comments

Hey mate, your entries are each time more complex, I mean, more erudite. Keep up with the good work.
The picture is cool!
Greetings from Utopia.
I appreciate, Eugenio.
I was about to reject your comment but I am a good friend with old good friends.
I was kidding: I admit nearly any comment. My English is as erudite same as I commit further crimes with the English language.
Thank you so much though.
My teacher of English at CLM of Universidad de Granada, last year, stuffed my essays with loads of red ink (I plainly respect those corrections, for I learned a stack). You know, my English is kind of a bit showing off.
Greet the people of Utopia, whenever you revisit it.
Let me tell you something else, bear me. In BrE it's ok to say "mate", as you do, yet in AmE we do not use that word with the sense you meant. Right now I remember (in Ecos, buy the way!) some years ago, after your being the director of studies there, I was cluing the teachers for that program of English, in Marbella (province of Málaga) so as to make clear what we expected from their work. And when I said "mates", meaning classmates, they upped and giggled. Later, J. L. Marti, their coordinator, let me know about the meaning of that word in AmE.
So thanks again. Take care.
Fernando
Thank you. Well, I must say that a good friend of mine from Chicago always calls me mate.
Sweet dreams.
Hi there, Eugenio,
You may be right; you ARE right. That person is a native speaker.
I learn something new every day, as anyone else does.
Thank you, and also for your comments.
With regard to sweets, or candies, or "chuches", I don't like them.
I prefer chocolates, or chocolate candies (I was kidding).
You win, I lose, regarding the usage of "mate".
Best.
Fernando

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family