699. All similar stories but unique




One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “When the academic year, like now, is beginning, few parents phone me or come to school to call on me.


One teacher used to say that the best grades can be gotten in September, now. Not in June, when the year is game-over. Well, also in June anyway. Usually it’s mothers who call me or pop in my school, after Christmas, or more often after the Holy Week vacations, in spring. ‘My son is smart, you know, but is lazy’, said one mom. ‘I’m done – I don’t know what to do with my son. I’ve told him a zillion times he has to study, he has to study, he has to study. I have no idea in what way to tell him again’, said another mother whose son is 6 feet tall, already has an incipient beard, baggy pants at fashion, a skateboard with a long biography in its wheels, a colorful cap at an angle, huge sunglasses, hair hiding his face.


I’m depicting can-be regular situations at our job as teachers but my goal is not to criticize or be cynical, no way, man. I love all the aspects concerning school, and the family. Another day we’ll try to solve those family situations and give our best advice to the parents, counting on them.” / Photo from: who should pay for college kids parents. distance-education org


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo