709. He's prompt to help others




One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “Lately I’ve been coming up with the idea of the many things youngsters can do in favor of society.


Don’t get me wrong, I mean, I know not much about American politics, but I can remember what J. F. Kennedy once said. I can get an interesting point from the sentence. It was something like –remember- Ask not what America can do for you, ask what you can do for America.


I had a male student in my class. He was behind some misbehavior stuff in my class. The representative of the class suggested I could take the boy in charge of a small job for the class. Some problems still arose, but I can assure you he matured.


In his attitude there was something of a rebellion against rules or the kind. He and also his fellows wished to be authentic and genuine. And they were growing and getting out their childhood. They felt insecure. This is the age of boasting, shouting, dressing in a specific fashion way, so as to say: I’m someone! They start to be conscious of themselves, more deeply than when they were children.


With running years this kid focused on the direction of changing the world, and I tried to suggest him to develop some field which he had a special gift for. For example, once he told another classmate, ‘X is coming to the school excursion to Alhambra next week; we’ve got to achieve he have fun.’ Little things, though important steps forward.” / Photo from: elboomeran com. Tintin and Milu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2065. Teaching grammar with meaningful examples